Richard A. Walker
Mr. Walker has been practicing law for more than 30 years in intellectual property (IP) law, association law, and business law. He has extensive experience in IP strategy and litigation, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, business and transactional law, start-up funding, and complex corporate governance situations.
Mr. Walker previously served as the Exec. Vice President, Chief Admin. Officer, & Gen. Counsel of Kuhlman Corporation; an NYSE-listed company. In that role, Mr. Walker was instrumental in growing revenue to over $1B and in a successful acquisition of Kuhlman by Borg Warner.
Mr. Walker is a member of The American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), The Georgia Society of Executives (GSAE) and numerous local and national business and non-profit organizations. Further, Mr. Walker is the Founder, President & CEO of the Georgia Automotive Manufacturers Association (GAMA), for which he recently received the prestigious State of Georgia Automotive Leader of the Year.
B.Ch.E, Chemical Engineering, University of Detroit
Master of Eng., University of Detroit
J.D., University of Detroit
Business Executive Program, University of Michigan
GA, KY, MI, and before the USPTO
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Member – American Bar Association (ABA), American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), North Fulton Bar Association (Board of Directors, Past President), Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals (SCSGP), and the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
- Frequent guest lecturer including Emory Law School, Georgia Tech College of Management, University of Tennessee, Auburn University, Georgia Tech Manufacturing Institute, and Arizona State University (Cronkite School).
- Recipient of the prestigious International Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the Society of International Business Fellows (SIBF).
- Named one of the “Latest Generation of Atlanta CEOs and Power Brokers,” Atlanta Journal Constitution; and a Governance Fellow by the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the highest level of credentialing for corporate directors and corporate governance professionals.
- Judge for the Atlanta Olli Fleet Challenge – an autonomous vehicle competition.